Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Concreate Jungle of Midtown Manhattan vs. The Niagara of PA--SAY WHAT????

Recently a very good friend of mine took me to NY City with her visiting family to show her future son-in-law who grew up in TX and now lives in AZ the Big Apple.  We did a whirl wind tour of Midtown eating at Guy Fieri's, restaurant from the Food Network's  diners-drive-ins-and-dives. 

We ate at Guy's Midtown restaurant moderately priced , good food for Midtown.  We later ate hand stretched noodles out on the street ( tiny hole in the wall restaurant with a handful of tables and chairs in the back--guessing they do a great take out business , called Xian Famous Foods ---http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/3/1752750/restaurant/Midtown-West/Xian-Famous-Foods-NYC  let me tell you the Asian people were lined up outside the door so we knew we were at the right place to eat.  It was hysterical trying to eat these noodles while we were standing  out in the street trying to eat these mile long noodles with chopsticks , I should have video taped us, it was hysterical!

Now how does this tie in with Bushkill falls you may ask...getting there.  Earlier in the day before hand stretched noodles and  Guy's American Kitchen and Bar 
 the group I was with wanted to take a Tour of the Empire state building.  Been years since I went so I was game...Well, $22 per person a ticket ( blow me over with a feather--SAY WHAT!) to be rocketed up 80+ floors in an elevator to walk out on the observation deck and walk around a large square sky deck that overlooks the concrete jungle  and you can definitely see where it got that name when you are up there.  It never ceases to amaze me how many people and concrete and buildings they can cram into that small amount of land they call Manhattan. If you paid me to stay up there  in the city for1 year...I'd say "Sure", I'd have the time of my life with restaurants , shopping, shows, culture, museums and at the end of 365 days I would make a b-line back to the burbs! Nice place to visit wouldn't want to live there!

Now this brings us to the Niagara of PA--"SAY WHA??T"..... Now I suppose if you've never been to Niagara Falls you may want to use your imagination and pretend that Bushkill Falls even comes a tad bit close...however I've been to Niagara and not even close...BUT.... AND THIS IS A BIG BUT...Bushkill falls is beautiful. At 1/2 the price ($12.50-- and Senior Hubby age 62 got---  $1 off) it was a bargain compared to what you saw at the top of the Empire State Building.  EMPIRE STATE BUILDING-- no comparison !

Bushkill falls is beautiful!!!   Definitely not Niagara Falls Niagara Falls State Park    but a beautiful view of nature inside a forest setting.  There are wooden boardwalks that give you spectacular views of the falls.  Challenges for light strollers (walkers and no baby strollers aren't allowed )and hikers to a more rocky terrain for the more experienced hiker.  I would suggest you wear a good pair of sneakers to walk the boards and hiking shoes if you want to take the RED more experienced trail which is very rocky and filled with hills and tree roots.  A few people showed up in flip flops ( really people did you not do any research before you embarked on your adventure!) which I strongly advise against doing.  You can hike the green trail which takes about 15 mins., the yellow trail is 45 mins., and the blue & red trails take about 2 to 2 + 1/2 hours






 

Important Note:  ( in my opinion)  This place is lush tropical  and wet...unless you like mosquitoes the size of birds, I don't recommend going here in the heat of the summer.   If you do better pack plenty and I mean plenty of bug spray.  Best recommendation would be early spring and fall.   



I give Bushkill falls a glad I went and would go again rating.



No comments:

Post a Comment