Sunday, September 21, 2014

MY HEART IS IN MICHIGAN.... We're on our way

My heart is in Michigan basically because so is my son.  Graduated from Rutgers University this past May 2014 with a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, he was hired by Ford Motors in Dearborn MI and 2 weeks after graduation packed up and moved on to a new job and location.  Hated to see him go but happy he has this awesome opportunity. 

This gave Mike and I a good reason/excuse to expand our CMU ADVENTURE travels off the east coast and headed west.  This is my first time in the middle of the country.  Our first stop was Kooser state Park in Pa.  --http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/kooser/ I would like to tell you more about this park but we really only did an overnight and by the time we checked in was too late to really explore trails or surrounding area.  Very nice what we saw.  Camper sites only have a handful that are full hook up and seem to be fairly close together and small although the pull through feature was nice.  Very close to the road  and a quarry so not very quiet.  If you don't have a problem falling asleep to ongoing traffic travelling by you will be fine...personally that doesn't bother me in the least.  When I'm tired , I'm tired and I fall asleep especially if I am out in the woods.  We basically chose this camp ground as a 1/2 way point / stop on the way to Michigan.  5 hrs ea. day with a total of 10 hours from NJ to MI.  It was nice not to have to get the BBQ grill dirty they had a nice fire pit with a grill section.  We weren't sure where we would get wood because we checked in after 5 pm , the office was closed but a park ranger greeted us and stopped by our site and helped us get some wood for the eve.







No comments:

Post a Comment