Sunday, May 24, 2015

FLORIDA MORE ADVENTURES WITH MY FRIEND DAWNMARIE--CITRUS HILLS HERNANDO FL




















 This trip to Fla was a R&R with an agenda...house hunting....looking to retire to this area at the VILLAGES OF CITRUS HILLS --
www.thevillagesofcitrushills.com   This place is awesome...high up on a ridge 260 ft above sea level...yes Florida does have hills ...who knew?  We ( or rather " I ",  my husband has yet to go down with me although he is the one who wanted Florida to retire to and I was the one that said cold day in hell pal).....  Boy did I have a change of heart once I was down there. This area is really nice....less then 30 minutes inland from the Gulf of Mexico in Central Florida, this area has lots to do and see.  Located South of Gainsville 1 hour and less then 90 mins to Tampa/ Clearwater and to the east DISNEY WORLD /ORLANDO disneyworld.disney.go.com.

  They call the Villages of Citrus Hills Resort style Living and it is....when you pull into Terra Vista
 ( which is a gated community) it is so beautifully landscaped it looks like you have arrived at your vacation resort destination . It's a development for snowbirds, residents and families ( if you want the 55+ no kids allowed experience this place is not for you). There are 3 restaurants on site with different menus and themed nights.  The TikiBar which we visited 3X this trip has awesome drinks, tons of TV's for your sports fans, fire pits, Tiki torches that are lit at dusk and all sits on the golf course for a lovely view. There is also a beautiful pool outside, lap pool and whirlpool inside, state of the art gym and the Bellavita Spa for massages for men and woman, facials, and much more to help you relax and enjoy your resort style living lifestyle  www.thevillagesofcitrushills.com/.../spa-fitness-center , along with a host of classes for mind and body and lets not forget the awesome tennis courts and golf.   Miles of hiking and biking trails through out as well as a park for both humans and canines, landscaped through out with beautiful gardens, ponds and lakes.

The trip was eventful...I got to see several styles of homes and developments ( I believe there are 18 developments that make up the collection of villages know as Citrus Hills) My friend DawnMarie lives in Brentwood   www.facebook.com/pages/Brentwood-of-Citrus-Hills/.. and her other family members live in Terra Vista  terravistarealtygroup.com   and I found a home I really liked in Canterbury Lake Estates canterburylakeshoa.com  sooooooo as soon as I can get hubby to take a few days off from work ( HEY...didn't you retire last June....what they missed you so much they asked you to come back to consult...LOL --grateful that he has the opportunity and the ability to do so )
www.getmoreoffers.com/FL/Citrus/Hernando/Canterbury-Lake.

I was much more relaxed this trip....I knew the area a bit from last time and I didn't have that overwhelmed feeling of I have to take it all in at once...Dawnmarie and I had a good time going out to the restaurants offered in the community ,trips to walmart and an organic produce stand to buy her a pineapple plant for her lanai and just chillin' ( Dawn just moved in Feb. so the area is new to her also so it was fun exploring and just hanging out as friends do.)

 I'm really looking forward to exploring this area with Mike to see if this is truly where we want to retire.  I'm also looking forward to the next time I can go and hang out with my friend Dawnmarie...we have fun together and laugh a lot. It's good to have friends and it's definitely good to laugh, oh and we played shuffle board with a club that meets 2x a week and it was FUN.... not lame as my husband thinks...again we laughed and got out in the warm Florida sunshine and it felt good www.thevillagesofcitrushills.com/lifestyle/clubhouses/  

I definitely could see myself retired here enjoying life and becoming more active especially during the winter months then I am here in New Jersey ...the suck the life out of your savings state...weren't we  once  called the GARDEN STATE?

No comments:

Post a Comment